At our next Make Shift Happen event, we will be joined by Angeliki Diane Rigos, Ph.D., President, Mass AWIS; and Exec. Dir. of the MIT Tata Center; and Natalya Spicker, Vice President of SheWorks!
865,000 women made the difficult decision to leave the economy and set aside their careers to absorb the lack of childcare options related to the pandemic. And, 43% of women with children leave the workplace due to lack of flexibility. When women in STEM lose the battle against balancing career and family, leadership and scientific gains are lost as well.
Join Edie, Angeliki, and Natalya for a discussion on:
- Why their exit means the already-abysmal representation of women in leadership and science will get worse
- Exacerbating structural inequities surrounding women advancement and abilities to succeed in the workforce
- Their departure will reduce women’s lifetime earning potential and will reduce the number of mentors and role models
- How companies can adapt to the new normal to meet the needs of working families and have a competitive advantage
- What will recovery efforts, succession planning, sponsorship programs, and returnships look like post-pandemic
- Alternative options to leaving the workforce and economy
Webinar link will be emailed to participants the Friday before - you can also access it from the "Live Stream" tab below. This event is for members-only.
MassBio makes every effort to accommodate our entire community at each of our events. Please let us know at least 3 days in advance of the event if you require special accommodations, such as captioning.